Sunday, October 19, 2008

Peep Profile #1

Hey Bloggers! Big news - I have decided to do a new feature on my blog. I call it Peep Profile. It's simple really. I just pick one of my peeps, and profile them. The lucky person who will be the subject of the initial Peep Profile is...wait for it...drumroll please...wait for it... Mylissa. So without further adieu let's get to profiling.


Peeps Vital Stats:

Name: Mylissa Lee [Last Name Withheld for Legal Reasons]
Alias: Missy, Mys, Babe (FYI - I don't call her that one)
Birthday: October 11th.
Original Hood: Utah
Current Hood: Colorado
Peeps Peeps: Trent, Conley, Preslee, and Carson. See below:

How we Became Peeps:

Perhaps with future Peep Profiles this question will have a better story to it, but the story of how Mylissa and I became peeps is pretty simple. I was conceived, gestated, and birthed. Then one the day of my birth mine and Mylissa's mutual parents introduced us. The rest is history. That's a really odd was of saying that Missy is my big sis.

What's this peep like:

In a word: fantastic. She likes playing games, The Office, and chips and salsa. She is a great Mom. LIke a 'perfect TV mom' sort of Mom. Her hair has been pretty much every color, but I think it started out as a reddish auburn. When she stays up really late things start to get a little loopy - and really funny. Mylissa can cook just about anything, and it all tastes good. My personal favorite are her chicken enchiladas. Cooking just makes her happy. True story - she once got so excited in a spice store that our little brother suggested she should put dollar bills in the clerks pants. She's a good driver, but I have seen her talk her way out of a ticket. She likes country music (among other things), and really dislikes Beyonce. I give her credit for inventing (or at least teaching me) the ginger ale and pixie sticks, and chips and cream cheese combos. She has a beautiful voice and plays the piano very well. So basically - fantastic.



Story She Will Wish I Didn't Share;

Recently Mylissa had had a bit of a rough day. She was running late and had hungry kids, so she decided to go to a drive through. She let Conley chose the place. He chose Taco Bell. So they went to Taco Bell and got in line. The stress of the day must have gotten to her because when it was her turn to order she forgot. She just sat in her car, windows up, oblivious, and just kept inching forward. She realized her error when she reached the pick-up window, and the Taco Bell employees had no food for her. Mylissa was understandably a little embarrassed. So embarrassed that she decided to just leave. Conley was understandably upset by this. Hate to say it - but I'm with Conley on this one. His Mom asks him where he wants to eat, they drive to restaurant, wait in line, and then just leave without any food. Seems like mean trick to a 5 year old.

3 Reasons I Hate Her:

  1. Ridiculously skinny. She borrowed my everyday clothes to wear when she was pregnant. Great for her. Sucky for me
  2. Cheered for the Giants in the Super Bowl. Need I say more?
  3. Character Flops. When we were growing up we shared a room and at one point had bunk beds. I had the top bunk. Missy went through this phase where she liked to walk into the room, see me on my bed, and just yank me off of it. Apparently as I fell to the floor I looked just like a cartoon character. She thought it was hilarious.

5 Reasons I Love Her:

  1. She gets outraged on my behalf. She would totally kick someone in the shins if they were being mean to me.
  2. She taught me how to pop zits. Gross, yes. But I needed some guidance.
  3. She gets a little nervous when she hasn't heard from me in a while. I laugh when she threatens to start calling hospitals if I don't call her, but in the event of a real emergency I appreciate that someone will try and track me down.
  4. She rearranged her life to spend 2 days driving 900 miles in a cramped, smelly, and CD-less U-Haul to help me move. And once we reached our destination she unpacked most of my stuff for me. She is probably more familiar with my kitchen then I am.
  5. She loves me. I love her for loving me. She is always on my side, always listens to me, and is always there to help me.
Love you Missy! Thanks for being my Peep!

No comments: