Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm back!

It's been a while, I know. I kept having all these ideas for these wonderful blog posts, but could never seem to find the time or energy to actually post them. New Years rolled around and I made the resolution to post something at least once a week. It is now February 27th, and this is my first post this year. That should give you an idea of how good I am at keeping New Year's Resolutions. I figure the first one is the hardest though. I just have to make the first post, and then it will be easier. So here is a thought I had recently...

I went to Barnes and Noble during lunch last week. When I go I usually like to just wander through the travel section and pick the next place I want to visit. But on this particular visit I went down the fiction section. Specifically the New Fiction section. This isn't my little nickname for it. It has signs and labels and displays all telling you that the books in this section are new fiction. As I was looking at all the new books I noticed that nestled between the new Clive Cussler and Steven Barry books was a book by an author named Jane Austen. Yes - that Jane Austen. It wasn't just a stray copy that had landed there, there was a whole stack of them. Barnes and Noble had stuck Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen in the New Fiction section. According to Wikipedia (I heart Wikipedia!) Pride and Prejudice was fist published on January 28th, 1813.

I love Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen just as much as the next girl. But I think that 196 years after the book was first published it would be safe for the kids at Barnes and Noble to take it off the New Fiction section. I'm just saying.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Agreed! Oh, the babies were born just a bit ago. I should probably call and tell you in person. I'll do that.

Tory Miller said...

You are finally back! It seems like I have been waiting for you forever! Just so you know we have a blog to. It's good to see that you are still alive! We miss ya!

Anonymous said...

My biggest news is how many times it took to get those strange looking words right. I also tried on Mylissa's and could not read them right. I loved the pictures and I love you too!!!!!!!! p.s. do you ever get my text?